The National Archives is free to visit and open to all
For the very first time, we’re opening our doors for the entire weekend!
Join us on the first Sunday of every month and explore our building, our picturesque gardens and discover a new side to The National Archives.
We’re kicking off with our special Cold War season opening weekend (Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 April), where you will be able to
- join a curator-led tour of our brand new exhibition, Protect and Survive: Britain’s Cold War Revealed
- relax over a traditional roast lunch in our restaurant
- check out the amazing gifts in our shop
- take part in our new Time Travel Club family trail
- enjoy a walk around our gardens
Booking is not required for First Sundays and everyone is welcome, although some activities may require advance booking to avoid disappointment.
Doors open 11:00 to 16:00 on the first Sunday of every month, as well as the Saturday and Monday of the early May bank holiday weekend (4 to 6 May).
Our reading rooms and enquiry services will not be open for First Sunday events.